Since the new year is upon us, lets talk about the importance of setting goals! Not just any goal will do, they have to be attainable goals. I always start the year wanting to earn a million dollars but lets face it, thats not really attainable ;). Earning money, any amount will do, from my writing is an attainable goal. Once that goal is met, then I can say, well I made 1k from my writing this year so next year I want to double it. See how that works? Start small and work your way up! Everyone thinks about yearly goals around now as something to set for the entire year. They tend to make them huge. Like completely unreachable! Because anything seems doable when you have a year to complete it, right? You don't have to set a huge goal just because you have a year to complete it. If you complete your goals before the end of the year, up your game a bit. So, really start small.
Here are my goals for 2016:
1. Complete and publish the first season of The Starsboro Chronicles.
2. Complete and prepare the second season.
3. Complete and publish at least 1 full length novel
4. Earn enough money pay off my credit card debt.
5. Outline all twenty-three novels that are bouncing around in my head.
6. Write a few of those outlines into first drafts.
7. Write two blog posts and create two vlog posts every month
8. Read 12 books by Indie Authors
9. Give honest reviews of those books.
I really wanted to come up with ten but that's a lot! Each season of The Starsboro Chronicles is 10 novelettes and two short stories.
I am pumped about 2016 though. My first year as a published author! And to have 13 products out in my first year will feel amazing no matter what!
Marissa Frosch is the head of marketing at Amphibian Press and also writes under the pseudonym Cameron J Quinn. The first of her Starsboro Series is due out on January 16th. She can found on Facebook, Twitter, and her website.
The writing Process
We love it, we hate it! Here are some tips to help you get through the ups and downs and stay on track!
If you're ready to edit we can help! Click here for more information.